Thursday, June 2, 2011

Blogging

Blogging. I'm almost torn between being afraid that people are going to read it, or that people aren't going to read it. But for anyone who does, here's the first post for the world. What do you write on a blog? Is it like a journal that you're inviting the world to read? I know a lot of people put poems/books/pictures, but sadly I lack poetic skill, the stories I usually think up are mostly just the happenings (or what I wish were the happenings) of my life, and I'm not quite the photographer.
Now, because I tend to over think the small things, I wanted the title of my blog to be something special. I've spent about three days looking at quotes, scriptures, and Google trying to find something that could represent me, my life, or my optimism while avoiding sounding like an eleven year old girl or a blog all about religion (Don't get me wrong, I love religion. that's just not what this blog is about). Finally today I just got fed up with the whole thing, went to a quote web site, clicked the random quotes button, and promised myself that some part of one of those quotes was going to be my title. And magically, the perfect words sat upon the screen, "Life is tough, and if you have the ability to laugh at it you have the ability to enjoy it." -Salma Hayek. Perfect? no? Short, sweet, and to the point.
I love quotes. they're so inspirational and uplifting! One of my absolute favorites is actually from Winnie the Pooh. . . don't judge, “If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you.” I just think it's sweet, it reminds me that even when I want to give up and I don't think I'm good enough, I can do it, and my Heavenly Father will always be with me to help me.
Any who. This is my blog. It's bound to get better as soon as I get the hang of it. Thanks for taking a part of your life to reading this.
Susan.

No comments:

Post a Comment